Friday, April 27, 2018

I Have Prepared a Place for You

You don't know me, and I don't know you, but your mother and I have seen you and have chosen you.  You are my son.  How I long to hold you, wrap my arms around you, kiss your forehead, and tell you that I love you.  "If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also."(John 14:3)

We've enjoyed every moment of preparing your room, and I hope you like green.  There is a crib of stuffed animals smiling and waiting for your arrival.  The bed is ready for you to lie down on and rest after such a long journey.  The windows open up to a vast view of the countryside where you'll hear an occasional freight train clicking on the tracks between illustrious oak trees and acres of lofty cornfields.  Below is a deck where I envision us sitting together laughing and talking about God, life, and our shared experience of adoption.  A little playground awaits footsteps up the ramp to your little outdoor playhouse. How I long for the sound of joyous giggling overcoming the competing sound of rusty chains rubbing together from swinging back and forth as I stand behind you and gently push.

I dream of us playing catch outside with the football and me tackling you to the ground in the warmest of embraces.  I dream of the smell of lasagna and baked bread drifting out the kitchen window as your mother waves us in to gather around the rustic table with a spread of the finest of feasts.  This is a palace fit for a king compared to the orphanage that you are in and yet I know that even here I cannot fully protect you from all of your tears, pain, sin, and death.  "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God...For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 3:23, 6:23)

How I long for us to partake in the free gift of salvation together through belief and surrender to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, "because if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)

And for those who believe, how I long for a place where "He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”(Revelation 21:4)

“Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?(John 14:1-2)

Your mother and I have prepared a room for you, but through the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus, He has prepared a way to a room unimaginable and so much greater...


Evan Dlugosz

No comments:

Post a Comment